Tuesday, November 2, 2010

PB 'N B French Toast


That stands for Peanut Butter, Nutella & Banana French Toast.  Deliciousness!  This isn't so much a recipe as an idea.  I don't follow a recipe when I make french toast, so if you do the same or have a favorite recipe, you can easily use it when making this.
Here's what you'll need: bread, eggs, banana, milk, peanut butter, and nutella.




I made 3 "sandwiches" for my husband and I.  Forgive the quality of my photos; I made this for dinner one night and so it's all artificial lighting.  Take one slice of bread for each sandwich and spread on your favorite peanut butter.


Spread Nutella on the other slice.


Thinly slice a banana- I used one banana for all 3 sandwiches, but you can use more or less depending on what you have on hand and how much you like bananas- and place the slices on one side of the sandwich.  Then put 'em together!


For three sandwiches, I used 3 eggs.


I added milk- about half a cup.  I used white sandwich bread this time, which I never buy.  So I used half a cup of milk or so, which would have been perfect for the multigrain bread I usually have on hand.  But it ended up too thin for the white bread, and when I put the bread into the egg mixture it soaked up too much and nearly fell apart.  So if you use a heartier bread, half a cup of milk is about right, as it won't soak up as much.  But if you're using white bread, you might want to stick with a quarter cup.


Mix 'er all up!  (I would usually add cinnamon to regular french toast, but I decided it might compete with the other flavors.  But if you feel like you want to walk on the wild side, throw in some cinnamon.  1/2 a teaspoon or so would do.)


Grease your electric skillet if you have one, set to 350〫or use a pan on the stove over medium heat.  I used Crisco to grease my skillet because it has a higher smoke point than butter, but you can use butter as well.  Just watch it so it doesn't brown or burn.


Put your sandwich in the egg mixture, and flip it so both sides soak it up.  If you're using white bread, don't leave it too long on either side or it'll fall apart.  Heartier breads can handle it a little longer.


Fry it up on both sides for a few minutes or until it looks like this.  Mmmm.... (drool...)


Serve it up with butter and syrup and enjoy the gooey goodness!


(...drool...)

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking diabetics should steer clear of this :) It looks delicious. We'll just go out and buy some Crumpy and try it. - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day I hope to be a *real* blogger. Y'know, someone who has time to blog most every day...

    ReplyDelete